What is the myWebFace Toolbar?
The myWebFace Toolbar enables users to access myWebFace, a cool tool to create their online cartoon face by choosing from a huge selection of facial features and characteristics, looks and styles, as well as accessories and fashions. Once you've achieved the cartoon look you want, use your myWebFace cartoon for your Facebook profile, on other social networks, or to represent you on your favorite messaging tool.
Will the myWebFace Toolbar work with my Web browser?
The myWebFace Toolbar works with Internet Explorer versions 6.0 and above and Firefox 2 and above.
How do I "uninstall" the myWebFace Toolbar?
You can easily uninstall the myWebFace Toolbar using the instructions below:
• Close all open Web browsers
• From the "Start" menu in Windows, select "Control Panel"
• Select "Add/Remove Programs"
• Select "myWebFace Toolbar"
• Click "Change/Remove"
Now just follow the simple instructions and the myWebFace Toolbar will be uninstalled. Should you reopen your Web browser and still see the myWebFace Toolbar, you may need to restart your computer for the uninstall process to be completed.
How do I "uninstall" the myWebFace Toolbar from a Mac computer?
Macintosh (Firefox Only) :
• Open your Firefox browser
• From your browser's menu bar select 'Tools' and then 'Add-Ons' from the drop down menu
• Find and click on the MyWebSearch Toolbar listing and click the Uninstall button.
• Confirm the uninstallation by clicking Uninstall in the confirmation dialog box
• Click on the 'Restart Firefox' button at the top of the Add-Ons dialog box.
How do I find out what version of Internet Explore I have?
Go to the Help menu located at the top of your browser. Select "About Internet Explorer." A box will appear that tells you what version you have.
What are the system requirements for installing the myWebFace Toolbar?
The myWebFace Toolbar is currently available for Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. The myWebFace Toolbar software and cache require 1 meg of disk space on the disk drive containing your windows directory (usually the C: drive). If you are currently able to run a supported Web browser (IE 6.* or 7.*) on your computer, you should be able to install and run the MyWebFace Toolbar. In particular, your Web browser and the MyWebFace Toolbar require a 486 or newer, compatible processor, 16 MB of RAM, VGA display (SVGA is recommended), a mouse or similar pointing device, and Internet access.
Can I hide the myWebFace Toolbar from my browser?
For Internet Explorer 6.0 or above, you can hide the myWebFace Toolbar by doing the following:
• Go to the "View" menu at the top of your browser.
• Select "Toolbars"
• Click "myWebFace Toolbar" to hide; click again to unhide.
Does the myWebFace Toolbar track where I go on the Internet?
No, the myWebFace Toolbar does not monitor or report information about where you are traveling or what you do on Web sites.
Is the myWebFace toolbar adware or spyware?
NO! The myWebFace toolbar does not collect any personal information and is completely “spyware”-free and “adware”-free. Period.
The myWebFace toolbar was specifically designed to provide a great user experience free of spyware, adware, direct marketing, data collection or other similar activities. In order to achieve that goal:
• The toolbar software DOES NOT collect personal information of any kind, period. No email address, registration or other information is required to use the product. No zip code, no email, no member name, no password. Unlike many other products, we do not even attempt to collect data upon startup as a requirement of use.
• The toolbar software DOES NOT monitor the websites visited by the end user, collect or in any manner report any information about what sites an end users visits (or any clickstream activity), nor does it monitor or scrape information when you are on other sites.
• The toolbar software DOES NOT serve or facilitate so-called "contextual advertising" where pop-up ads are served based on the sites you visit. Many applications are identified as spyware because they monitor end-user Internet usage and serve contextual pop-ups. The toolbar does not engage in any such practices.
In short, the myWebFace toolbar provides a superior search experience on an ANONYMOUS basis and without any additional monitoring, contextual ads or other nuisances
Why couldn't I install the myWebFace toolbar?
If you are experiencing difficulties downloading the myWebFace toolbar, you may wish to try downloading directly through the following URL (please note that you might need to copy and paste the entire URL into your browser's address line):
If you continue to have problems downloading or installing this product, please contact customer support and provide the step-by-step actions you took to arrive at the problem, and any error messages or screens you received at that point in the process.
I use Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm, or similar firewall/proxy software and am having trouble downloading. Why?
The most common problem when downloading or installing occurs when running such software. If you are running one of these types of products, try temporarily disabling it, then go back to http://mywebface.mywebsearch.com/ to try the download process again. Please remember to reactivate your firewall/proxy software once the download and installation of the toolbar is complete.
Why won't the download start or why do I get looped back to the previous page?
The most common problem when downloading or installing the myWebFace toolbar occurs when running software such as Norton Internet Security, Zone Alarm, or other firewalls/proxy software. If you are running one of these types of products, try temporarily disabling it, then go back to http://mywebface.mywebsearch.com/ to try the download process again. You can reactivate your firewall/proxy software once the download and installation of the toolbar is complete.
How can I cancel my membership?
If you'd like to cancel your membership to myWebFace, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: the e-mail address you used to open the account, your display name and password, and we will take care of it for you.
How do I change the skin color of my cartoon lookalike?
Click the SHAPE & SKIN button to choose the head shape of your cartoon, and/or change the color of your avatar's skin.
How do I save creations to My Gallery?
In order to save your creations in your Gallery, you need to make sure you have logged in to myWebFace, either using your Facebook account, or by creating a new myWebFace registration. You need to be logged in before you begin creating, and then anything you create, in addition to posting or saving to your desktop, will automatically be saved to your myWebFace Gallery as well.